History of the
Marks Tey - Bures - Sudbury
Sudbury Station is now the terminus for the Gainsborough
The images show what it looked like as far back as 1946
The current station is the
third one in Sudbury albeit all within a few yards of each
other. The first was built in 1849, which was replaced in
1865 when the line was extended to Cambridge
to form the Stour Valley Railway.
again became the terminus in 1967.
In 1991 the station was re-sited in order that the Kingfisher
Leisure Centre could be built.