Parish Registers for Bures St Mary and Bures Hamlet

Your comments about the two parishes
Paul S. Knapp

Parish Registers for Bures St Mary and Bures Hamlet

Post by Paul S. Knapp »

Where are the Parish Registers for Bures St Mary and Bures Hamlet located, how far back in time do they go and are they accessible?
I think most members would very much like to know this information if they don't already.

I am researching the Nicolas Knapp (1592-1670) family. I have found references to the Knapps on this site which have been very useful and I want to find out, if possible, about his wife(Elinor Lockwood), his parents, grandparents and his siblings.

Any information you have about the Parish registers or this family would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Paul S. Knapp
alan

Re: Parish Registers for Bures St Mary and Bures Hamlet

Post by alan »

The parish registers:-
Bures St Mary located at Bury St Edmunds RO
Bures Hamlet located at Chelmsford RO
Paul S. Knapp

Re: Parish Registers for Bures St Mary and Bures Hamlet

Post by Paul S. Knapp »

Hi Alan. Thank you very much for the information on the Parish Registers.

Interestingly at about the same time as your message I received a post on the British Genealogy site from Kerrywood confirming this, the only exception being that he felt the ecclesiastical parish register for Bures Hamlet would also be in the Suffolk Record office whereas the civil parish register for Bures Hamlet would be in Chelmsford.

At this point I am mainly interested in Bures St Mary. Now I have to figure out a way to access these records.

Thanks again
Paul
Bali, Indonesia