researching residents called cant

Looking for long lost relatives ?
Post all your Family History enquiries here
violet

researching residents called cant

Post by violet »

hi it violet again, i've been reading a great book called mount bures It's land and It's people by Ida McMaster and Kathleen Evans, in its she states that the cant family records start in 1736 and the most notable was old Mrs elsie Cant who died in 1992 at the grand old age of 102 and is buried in mount bures church yd and that one ancester lived in smiths farmhouse near the present Josselyns. Im looking for any family or more information about elsie or who used to live at smiths farmhouse. also is there any way i could contact Ida because she says that Mrs McInns of the Isle of St Lewis was researching the Cant history and would like very much to either read any books she may have wrote on this subject or contact her for any imformation she may have. thanks any information would be greatly recieved. I have found out however that james cant born in colne rd 1867 had a son sydney who was a member of the south staffs regiment died in 1918 and was awarded the british victory starr and his name is currently on the war memorial darlaston west midlands.