John Death

Looking for long lost relatives ?
Post all your Family History enquiries here
gillrattray

John Death

Post by gillrattray »

I am replying to Andrew Ross' comments re John Death under Wormingford workhouse. I have been researching this family for many years as I believe John's brother was William my GGG Grandfather. I agree with all the facts Andrew has made. I have both William and Sarah Fowler dying within 3 months of each other in 1858. It was their daughter Sarah who married John Death 16th July 1841 at Holy Trinity church Colchester. John was deported on the Pyrenees on the 30th March 1851.
fronteria

Re: John Death

Post by fronteria »

My 4th Gt. Grandmother is Martha Death Born 02 November 1774 died 10th October 1865 White Colne, she was married to John Eves Born Dec. 1764 Died 15th November 1836 White Colne
I have some original land documents from 1790's where John and Martha were leasing land they owned.

The text contained in the lease I have written below:
Please find the text of an indenture dated twenty forth August 1790.
This Indenture was made the twenty forth day of August in the thirty eighth year of our sovereign lord George the third by the grace of god of Great Britain France and Scotland Being defender of the Faith and so forth and in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and ninety eight. Between John Eves of White Colne Farmer in the said county of Essex of the one part and George Pigg of East Bergholt in the said county of Suffolk of the other part. Witnesseth that in consideration of the sum of five shillings of lawful money of Great Britain to the said John Eves in hand paid by the said George Pigg at or before the sealing and delivery of these presents the receipt whereof is hereby acknowledged 5sl said John Eves hath bargained and sold and by these presents Doth bargain and sell unto the said George Pigg. His execrator & administrators and assigns Him That part or parcel of land commonly called or known as Ponderfield or by whatsoever other name or names the same now is or heretofore hath been called or known late divided in two Crofts containing by estimation four acres be the same more or less with the opportunities thereabouts belonging lying and being in Great Harkosly in the said county of Essex formerly in the occupation of Thomas Bundock since of John Bundock or his assighens and now of Matthew Johnson And the reversion and reversions and remainders yearly and other rents issues and profits thereof to have and to hold the said piece or parcel of land thereabouts and premises therein before mentioned therein and thereby intended to be bargained and sold and every part and parcel of land thereof with their every opportunities unto the said George Pigg his execrators & administrators and assigns from the day next ensuing and fully to be complete and ended yielding and paying therefore unto the said John Eves his dues and assigns the rents of and pepper corn at the expiration of the said term if the same be lawfully demanded to the intent and purpose that by virtue of these presents and by office of the statute for transferring uses into possession the said George Pigg may be in the actual possession of the said premises and be thereby able to accept and take a account and release of the reversion and sulieritaute thereof to him his heirs and assigns by indenture intended to bear date the next day after the day of the date thereof in witness whereof the said parties to these presents have thereunto set their dues and seals and the day and year first above written.

John Eves His signature Martha Eves X her Mark