Springett Family

Looking for long lost relatives ?
Post all your Family History enquiries here
Bruce

Springett Family

Post by Bruce »

Does anyone have any information on the Springett family? Richard Springett was born in Bures Hamlet about 1808. His son Richard was born in Bures Hamlet in 1832.

The elder Richard's first wife was Eliza, his second wife Louisa Whybrow was born in Bures St Mary about 1820.

Thanks, Bruce.
Bruce

Re: Springett Family

Post by Bruce »

Just following up, I was able trace my family back several generations in Bures Hamlet and Bures St Mary. Their occupations included; tanner, carpenters, maltster and agricultural labourers.

Could someone recommend books on Bures Hamlet and Bures St Mary?

Thanks, Bruce.
Geoffspringett

Post by Geoffspringett »

I have traced my direct family back to Richard Springett b 1732 and m to Peregrina Norgold in Bures in 1755. I have just discovered that there is a Springetts Hill in Bures. Does anyone know how this was so called.
Geoff Springett
alan

Post by alan »

I have lived in Bures now in excess of 40 years and I have never heard of Springetts Hill.
That name must have dropped many years ago - where did you get that reference from
Geoffspringett

Post by Geoffspringett »

I was researching my family and entered Springett and Bures on Google. It shows a listed building address Hill Farm, Springetts Hill and its location. It is on google maps and I have looked at large scale Ordnance Survey maps at the Suffolk record Office showing it. It is the continuation of Lamarsh Hill north.
alan

Post by alan »

How right you are.
Today we just refer to the entire length of road as Lamarsh Hill
Well, I have learnt something !