Stebbing Family

Looking for long lost relatives ?
Post all your Family History enquiries here
macca

Stebbing Family

Post by macca »

Trying to trace info on Great grandparents Frederick/ Arthur & Emily Susan Stebbing nee Harvey Children  Willie, Kate Elizabeth, Jack, Emily, Arthur, Kate was my grandmother and married a William Cocks.

My Dad was born in Bures and when young I spent some of my school holidays, we all came to aussie in 1959 and Im trying to find out about Dad's family his name was Merlyn Stebbing and hi Uncle was Arthur Stebbing who was also verger of St Mary's Church, I still keep in contact with Dulcie Cardy who I knew as a child as her Family lived next door to my Uncle on Colchester Road.

Regards  Sue MacFarlane
Denis

Re: Stebbing Family

Post by Denis »

hi i just know that i am from bures i told my youngest girl you are an essex girl she was not best pleased i welsh from cardiff i am on genes reunited if you go on that you will see my family tree denis deaves. cardiff
Lois

Post by Lois »

Stebbing Family

Postby macca on Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:39 am
Trying to trace info on Great grandparents Frederick/ Arthur & Emily Susan Stebbing nee Harvey Children Willie, Kate Elizabeth, Jack, Emily, Arthur, Kate was my grandmother and married a William Cocks.

My Dad was born in Bures and when young I spent some of my school holidays, we all came to aussie in 1959 and Im trying to find out about Dad's family his name was Merlyn Stebbing and hi Uncle was Arthur Stebbing who was also verger of St Mary's Church, I still keep in contact with Dulcie Cardy who I knew as a child as her Family lived next door to my Uncle on Colchester Road.

Regards Sue MacFarlane

Hello Sue

I have just joined this message board. I have an Elizabeth STEBBING born c1791 in Bures and wondered if she may be connected to your research. Unfortunately I don't have her parentage but she did marry Richard HOLMES 26 Feb 1810 in Bures and I have 8 children to the marriage.
Regards
Lois
Harriet

Post by Harriet »

Hi,
Like Lois I have Elizabeth Stebbing in my family tree, born in 1789 in Bures. (She was my 4x great grandmother) Parents Robert Stebbing and Martha Chandler (vicar helpfully put mother's maiden name at baptism!).

I have the Bures parish registers on fiche, for the period 1700-1900, and am happy to look up ancestors on the fiche. I have obviously already extracted a number of Stebbings from this, so if you can give me any more details I will look for you.
Harriet
Rupert Holderness

Post by Rupert Holderness »

Harriet wrote:Hi,
Like Lois I have Elizabeth Stebbing in my family tree, born in 1789 in Bures. (She was my 4x great grandmother) Parents Robert Stebbing and Martha Chandler (vicar helpfully put mother's maiden name at baptism!).

I have the Bures parish registers on fiche, for the period 1700-1900, and am happy to look up ancestors on the fiche. I have obviously already extracted a number of Stebbings from this, so if you can give me any more details I will look for you.
Harriet
I'd be interested if you can find the baptism of Ada Maud Stebbing who was 11 months old at the 1871 census and is said to be born in Bures Hamlet. She later married a great-grand-uncle of mine. My great-great=grandfather was John Alfred Smith who I believe was baptised at Mount Bures on 31 July 1831, son of John Newman Smith and Hannah (nee Layzell). Confirmation of the baptism of his siblings would also be welcome. Happy to share information as well, of course.
Harriet

Post by Harriet »

Ada Maude Stebbing was baptised on the 12 Jun 1870 at Bures St Mary. Her parents were James and Eliza Stebbing.
She the following siblings:
Annie Eliza (14 Jun 1868)
Harriet (04 Mar 1855)
Ellen (19 Dec 1856)
Samuel Frank (14 Apr 1861)
Alice (10 Jan 1864)
Sarah Ann (06 Jan 1850)
Maria (06 Apr 1851)
Charles William (06 Mar 1853)
Dates given are baptismal dates.
Unfortunately the Mount Bures baptisms are not included (I think it had its own church)
I hope that this all helps,
Harriet